Alan R. PfaffMember
- Email Us
Practice Areas: Insurance Defense; Insurance Coverage; Civil Litigation; Product Liability; Personal Injury; Consumer Law; Employment Law.
Admitted: 1986, Kansas; Law School: University of Kansas.
Personal Background: Born in Council Grove, Kansas on March 3, 1962. Alan has been married to his wife, Joan, since June 22, 1991. They have one son, Jason. His hobbies include golf, fishing, and reading.
Professional Background: In 1986 Alan started his career with the Kahrs Nelson firm, and was a partner in that firm from 1991 through 1999. He also practiced with the Wichita office of Husch & Eppenberger before joining Withers, Gough, Pike and Pfaff, LLC in November of 2003. Alan is a member of the Wichita and Kansas Bar Associations.
Professional Experience includes the following:
- Insurance Law: has extensive experience analyzing coverage issues and litigating complex insurance disputes. Has spoken at continuing legal education seminars regarding insurance law and practice and conducted seminars for insurance claims personnel on the proper handling of claims. He represents the insureds of major insurance companies in insurance defense cases. See, Insurance Law Area of Practice for additional information.
- Personal Injury Litigation: has defended hundreds of personal injury cases and successfully tried cases involving serious injury and death. See, Personal Injury Litigation Area of Practice for more information. In 2013, 2014, and 2015, Alan Pfaff was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Personal Injury Litigation — Defense.
- Product Liability: has defended manufacturers in a variety of product liability cases. See, Product Liability Area of Practice for additional information.
- Business Litigation: complex fraud litigation, breach of fiduciary duties, and contract disputes. See, Business Litigation Area of Practice for more information.
- Consumer Law: has litigated cases in this area.
- Publications: co-authored the chapter on Section 1983 in the Kansas Employment Law Handbook published by the Kansas Bar Association in 2000.
Best Lawyers in America®
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized Alan R. Pfaff in the field Personal Injury Litigation – Defense. Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become regarded as an important guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered an honor. Corporate Counsel Magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”