We have extensive experience in defending major insurance companies and their insureds in civil litigation. Our experience in the insurance industry qualifies us to handle a wide variety of insurance claims and to evaluate coverage issues under different types of policies.
|The firm is included in A.M. Best’s listing of Recommended Insurance Attorney’s. For more information about A. M. Best’s listing of Recommended Insurance Companies and our firm’s listing in A. M. Best’s, click the A.M. Best icon to the left.|
Though we primarily emphasize insurance defense, our lawyers also evaluate coverage issues for businesses and individuals who are not insured by a client of the law firm.
We have experience in the following areas of insurance law:
- Automobile Liability Coverage.
- Automobile Collision and Comprehensive Coverages.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage.
- Personal Injury Protection Benefits.
- Commercial General Liability and Other Commercial Coverages.
- Farm and Ranch Coverage.
- Professional Liability Coverage.
- Homeowner’s Coverage.
- Employer’s Liability Coverage.
- Cases of Suspected Fraud or Arson.
- Excess/Bad Faith Claims.
- Defense of Insureds under various Liability Policies involving the following: personal injury, product liability; environmental claims; surety bonds; construction defects; professional liability (malpractice of attorneys, accountants, architects, and engineers); claims against officers and directors; agents and brokers errors and omissions; and security fraud claims. We have obtained scores of defense verdicts and summary judgments in favor of major insurance companies and their insureds.
Insurance Litigation: Insurance disputes often end up in court. We have substantial experience in litigating all of the insurance law subjects listed above in both state and federal courts. While most of our work is defense, we have successfully represented clients with respect to large insurance claims against non-client insurance carriers. One example is Alan Pfaff’s representation of Sedgwick County in Board of County Commissioners of Sedgwick County v. Fireman’s Fund, a case resulting in a verdict in excess of $750,000.00 in favor of the insured client. Our lawyers also litigate complex civil lawsuits in other areas of practice that require extensive knowledge of insurance coverage issues. See Personal Injury, Business Litigation, Environmental Law, Professional Liability, and Employment Law Areas of Practice .
Representative Clients: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company; Columbia Insurance Group; The Bar Plan Group; United Fire and Casualty Company; State Farm Fire & Casualty Company; Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company; Fidelity National Insurance Company.